The Municipal Water District of Orange County’s Landscape Performance Certification Program provides you with a FREE water management tool to help your association:
- Easily track irrigation water use
- Determine if your sites are being properly managed
- Reduce water bills
- Improve the health, appearance, and value of your sites’ landscapes
- Protect the environment by decreasing urban runoff
- Maintain compliance with NPDES requirements
Two Simple Questions:
1) Do you know how much your association paid for water used to irrigate your landscapes during the past month?2) Do you know how much your association SHOULD HAVE paid for water used to irrigate your landscapes during the past month?
The Landscape Performance Certification Program gives you the right answers to both these questions, month after month, at NO COST to you.
How It Works:
The Landscape Performance Certification Program creates a loop of accountability between the HOA Board, the Property Manager, and the Landscape Contractor. A customized water budget is created for each irrigation meter using:
1. Data from Your Site
- We take certain basic information from your property, such as contact information, location, and irrigated landscape area for each dedicated irrigation water meter, and store this information on our secure webpage for your viewing only.
2. Consumption Data from Your Water Retailer
- Every month, your water retailer sends us a download of the consumption for all your irrigation accounts.
3. Data from Weather Stations
- We receive a daily data download from three weather stations in Orange County. This data download contains weather information for three regions: a coastal band; a central band; and a foothill band. Contained within this information is an “index” number known as the Evapotranspiration (ETo).
Evapotranspiration: The combined process of both evaporation from the soil and transpiration through plant foliage.
4. Putting It All Together
- We then create a water budget for your site. This budget is an estimate of the annual, monthly, or weekly water requirements for a specific irrigation meter, and is calculated by combining two formulas (one for turf and one for shrubs and all other non-turf irrigated plant material).
Sample Screen Shots
How to Enroll
Request a Site Data Form
If you’ve seen enough and are ready to sign-up, contact us to request a Site Data Form.
Please contact Adriana Villalba at (949) 940-8141 or via e-mail at Adriana@econservision.com, to request a meeting or the Site Data Form.
Or, Request a FREE meeting/presentation with our staff
Still have questions about how the program works? Contact us, and we will gladly meet with you to explain the program and how to enroll your sites. We have a special presentation customized for HOA boards. You may even want to invite your property manager and landscape maintenance contractor. And we’ll even bring free gifts – a soil probe and a copy of the book Landscape Management for Water Savings.